Make Birthday/Invitation Cards
You will need:
• 8 1/2″ x 5″ construction paper
• Pattern paper
• Cardstock scraps
• White liquid glue and/or rubber cement
I started out by searching for images on the internet. I googled cupcakes and searched under images.
Print the image and outline basic shapes. I outlined the cupcake top and the bottom, then I cut the pieces out and used these shapes as stencils. I outlined the shapes on cardstock and cut them out.
• To make the card, pick a sheet of construction paper or cardstock in the size you want, cut it, and fold it in half
• Cut square pieces of colored paper to glue on the front of the card with rubber cement (since it will not wrinkle the paper)
• Cut the bottom shape of the cupcake from cardstock and decorate it with ribbons
• Cut the top shape of the cupcake out of patterned paper, add drops of white glue and sprinkle with glitter, let dry. You could use a glitter pen pencil to make the dots, or as a variation you could use buttons or scraps.
• I used letter stamps to write inside the card
I used a shallow tray so I could sprinkle on the glitter freely. Small ribbon scraps to decorate the cupcake
Have fun making these!